Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finally figured it out!

I'm so happy! I finally figured out what I really want to do with my life! I never wanted to do nursing. It was always just a backup for me. I knew I had bigger dreams and bigger passions. Even through nursing school, the more I realized it just wasn't for me. Now I know what I really want to do as a life long career. I WANT TO BE A FORENSIC SCIENTIST!

Ever since I was young I was always so interested in mysterious things, always wanted to play detective and solve crimes. Anything freaky and weird and that didn't make sense just seemed to intrigue me. I always watched Forensic Files, Snapped and any show & movie that had to do with solving murder crimes and such. It seemed like such a fun interesting job. I just finally found something that is so me! I remember my friends always telling me that I had a weird way of thinking or that I was probably some kind of murderer in my past life. lol.

& now OMG I am so excited! After I take my nclex next week, I'm gonna start going back to school for & major in forensic science. I'm still not sure how to go about it, Derick is gonna help me figure it out but I've been researching it. I think I might have to get a bachelors degree in some kind of science first like chem or bio. & then find a school and get my masters in forensic science. Ugh I'm still really confused. But my boyfriend will help me get things straight. The thing is, since I need to be working already, I will only have time to go to school as a part time student. Which means it will take me TWICE as long to finish. Honestly, I don't care if I can only take 2 classes a semester or if it takes me 10 years to actually become a legit Forensic Scientist. This is where my heart is. I'm so excited just thinking about it. I know I would excel in school too because I actually WANT to do this, I actually have the PASSION for this job. Unlike nursing. I was just so blah about it. It's such a depressing job, atleast for me. Just being around sick people, and the enviroment. IDK. I just don't think I could do that for the rest of my life.

So as of now, I decided to work. Go to school part time, take as many science classes as I can take, and even if it takes me forever, I am going to be a forensic scientst. I'm actually really excited to go back to school! Atleast nursing is a good decent job to live off for a while. Most of my classmates are going to continue on to RN but not me. I have other dreams.

Yayy! I am so happy! I can't wait to start this new journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment